Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1720: Site Update - Take 2

Yesterday was one of those days when I felt as if I was running in circles. It wasn’t bad at all, but there were just a lot of things on our plates and we were trying to accomplish a great deal in what seemed like a short amount of time.



I know I said that our newsletter would go out by last evening, but we just didn’t get that far. There was too much to do and by the time we got everything on the site, I was too tired and it was just too late.



But all is not lost. Today is another day. I awoke today to the sun shining brightly and I can hear the chirping of the birds. It appears that we dodged yet again another band of snow that was supposed to hit our area. At least that is what they predicted over the weekend. Even though it was dark and dreary yesterday and there was lots of rain, we are getting forecasts for sunshine for the next several days. It makes me feel happier already. 



So for today’s post, I will show you a couple additional things that are now available at the site. Then it is off here to write our newsletter and get it sent out. 



Keith has another new set of word art plaques that he thinks you will all like:



His SLDK665 Behold, Believe and Blessed set is a great value, as you get all three patterns as shown. Not only do they look nice as a vignette, as shown here, but also individually, as well. They make a nice addition to the extensive collection of word art patterns we offer. 



I also have another new wood surface I will be offering. Lately, I have been cutting lots of custom pieces for my woodworking colleagues. I love doing this and working with other talented designers. It gives me a chance to do a bit more woodworking and I love seeing the different, unique designs. 



This time I am working with the very talented Kerry Anderson and cutting a set of wooden key ornaments she called “Send in the Clowns”:



I have shown Kerry’s artwork here before and I just love her unique style and designs. She will be posting the pattern for this project in her ETSY store soon. The wooden key cutouts are available HER on my site: SLDPK142 Send in the Clowns wood kit.  You can find her on Etsy at KerryAndersonArtwork and see all of her other work as well. She has some great stuff. 



And finally, for this update, I want my painting followers to know that I have changed the free painting pattern on the site. I decided to share my project for painting on real skates using DecoArt Acrylic paint and Margot Clark’s MUD texture paste. 



This fun project offers lots of  basic techniques for painting on skates and is fast and fun and something that I think you will enjoy. You can access it on our Free Patterns and Resouces page on our site, as well as a free articles, videos and a free scroll sawing pattern as well. You can also download our two catalogs from that  page to see all of our designs in one place. 



Well – that is about all for today. It is off to write the newsletter for me. (If you don’t subscribe, you can do so HERE.)  As soon as that is done, I can continue working on some of the other designs I have been showing you these past couple of weeks. I always have several on the go and I get excited about each and every one of them.  



I hope you are all experiencing some bright sun as we are. It makes all the difference in how we feel. Happy Wednesday to you all! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/142737412709

No comments:

Post a Comment