Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1775: "Finished"

It is always a thrill to finish up a project. Whether it is a project that I designed, or one that I did that was created by someone else, I always feel a wonderful sense of satisfaction when I finally call it “done”. 



As most of you who read know, I am usually working on several things at once. I design my own projects, but at the same time I try to squeeze in some projects that were created by other artists that I admire. Like most of you, I am addicted to creating and when I see something that catches my eye, there are times when I just HAVE to find time to make it. 



As artists, we aren’t really very keen on the concept of ‘time’. I notice that most of my artist friends have the same affliction that I do. (This pertains to YOU as well, my scrolling and woodworking friends!)  We all have plans of fitting probably at least twice as many projects into a time frame than physics would allow, with the runoff being put on the back burner until 'next year’.  I think it comes with the territory. 



I don’t think this is a bad thing, as it keeps us motivated and moving in a forward direction. As for myself, there are probably ten things that I would be working on at once if I had the time. I am sure that Keith can attest to the fact that my ambition usually exceeds my ability, and try as I may, I can’t always get everything done in time. But I try… 



Yesterday I did the final photography on two of the projects that I have been working on these past few weeks. While I showed the Peggy Harris Cinderella Mice project as “done” last week sometime, I still had to paint the back, glue on the backboard and spray on the finish. I then wanted to take some 'presentation photos’ for my own portfolio before sending it off to my grand daughter. 



I also was able to finish up my “Day 7” ornaments from the “12 Days of Christmas” set designed by Lynne Andrews.  As always, I was in awe at how wonderful the set is shaping up. With each ornament, I gain new enthusiasm and I am getting to the point where I can’t wait to finish.  Even though I am a bit behind in creating them, I  know I will catch up and finish them for my recipients by this Christmas. Failing to do so is not an option! 



While I was applying the crystal rhinestones to my “Day 7” ornaments, I made the decision that the Cinderella Mice project could use a few as well. I just couldn’t help myself. So I added some tiny 2mm rhinestones to the clock, Cindy’s dress, shoes and tiara, and the Prince’s shoes and medallion. I think it added just enough glimmer to really make this piece special.  I  hope you all agree. 



So here are the final photos of the two projects … 



The Cinderella Mouse Tiara:



You can see the tiny rhinestones on her tiara, dress, shoes and the chandelier …




I am thrilled with this lovely, lovely piece! Thank you. Peggy for a great project! 



The pattern and tiara surface is available on Peggy’s Facebook Page (link above) and I am selling the tiara surface only on my site here: SLDPK146



And here is the photo of one of my “Day 7” Ornaments from my “12 Days of Christmas” project:





From this angle, you can see the beautiful shimmer from the rhinestone berries and the JoSonja’s Opal Dust that is on them:



And remember – I am painting SIX sets of each ornament – Five to give and one to keep for myself:





Here is my own set so far … 



Aren’t they just amazing???  I love them so much. Each time I add to the set, I can’t wait to get started on the next one. I will be packing my other five up and shipping them out today. :)  



If you are inclined to paint these ornaments yourself, we have a support group on Facebook where we are all doing this wonderful project “together”. There is no pressure in the group and whether you are doing one set or 10 sets, we are there to cheer each other on. There is no time limit either, so there is no pressure. You can reach the group here:  



12 Days of Christmas Ornaments by Lynne Andrews - We are Making Them! 



You can get the pattern from Lynne on her site. She had an entire book devoted to this project she calls “Christmas Blessings”. 



And you can get the ornament surfaces from me on my site here: SLDPK129 - Elegant Bevel Cut Ornaments.



Today I am working on a new project with another friend of mine who is an excellent designer. She has come up with a great project series and asked me to provide the wood pieces for her. I am very flattered and thrilled. It is going to be a fun and cool project, I promise. I will show more of is as it is a little more developed, but I don’t think you will be disappointed.



I will also be thinking ahead to my own next designs that I am creating for both painting and the scroll saw. It is a busy time of year and as always, I have plenty to do. 



I hope you all have a great day and enjoy these “Final” photos. I don’t think they do the projects justice though. They are even more amazing in person. 



I wish you all a wonderful day. Happy Tuesday to you all! 












via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/150354647264

No comments:

Post a Comment