Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1666: Creating for Gifts

I know I am not alone when I wonder where the time goes. It seems like just yesterday we were looking forward to spring and now already we are closing out the year. This week has been particularly busy for me because I have a few boxes that NEED to go out within the next couple of days in order to arrive in time for the holidays. I have really been pushing it. 



Naturally, because these things I am working on are gifts, I won’t be showing them here in my blog yet. As you can imagine, it seriously limits my posts here, as most of them are about what I am currently creating. But I assure you that later on I will ‘catch up’ and share the fun things that I am doing. 



I meant to get the house decorated over the past weekend, but that didn’t really happen either. It isn’t a crisis for me, as I usually keep a few things around anyway to cheer things up. But I took my autumn decorations off of my little tree and it is looking a bit naked sitting there in the corner. But the time will come and soon it will be bright and cheerful again. 



What I can show you is something that made my heart smile. I love seeing others create my designs and it is even more thrilling when they do their own take on my ideas and add their own touch to them. After all – I design to inpire others. While some like to follow my directions exactly, I see nothing wrong with others who go their own way and make their project personal. In fact, I encourage it. 



My friend Elizabeth took my SLDP243 Layered Angel Ornaments painting pattern (shown here):



and created them in deep, rich jewel tones. I think the results was incredible:



Aren’t they just stunning???  The shading and sparkle looks just magnificent! It lends an entire new look to them. 



I thought it would be nice to show you and encourage you to think outside the pattern and do your own take on some of the projects you do. I don’t think you will be disappointed and you will certainly learn along the way. :) 



For those woodworkers who like the pattern, I also have a scroll saw version (SLD514):





They look pretty in natural wood tone, but would also look great with their wings, halos and stars washed with gold metallic acrylic paint. What a quick and easy project that would be! And how beautiful they would look as well! :)



I hope to get back to creating some new things soon, but for now I need to work on my own gifts for a while. I think you all probably understand, as many of you are busy working on your own gifts as well. 



It is mid-week already and Christmas is only two weeks away! Even though you may feel a bit rushed, I hope you take time out to enjoy your days and the season in general. It will be gone in a blink of the eye. 



Happy Wednesday to you all!  I wish you a beautiful and creative day! 






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/134855550664

No comments:

Post a Comment