Friday, February 26, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1703: Some More Embroidery - Panel 2 Completed

I am going to keep my post short today. (I know – I always say that!) I had planned on doing some drawing yesterday, but we kind of changed plans and that didn’t really happen. I never really mind when things change up like that, as a little bit of being spontaneous is good for us. Many times things are even better than we anticipated. I think that was the case here. 



We decided to invite Keith’s mom over at the last minute, as we always enjoy her visit. It was a dreary and stormy day outside and it was nice to have some company. We have a nice relationship and she always brings some crafts to work on. That is the good thing about family – they take you as you are and it is never a fuss to have her drop in at any time. 



The only thing that changed was that I didn’t spend my time at the computer, but instead doing other things. While I had the choice of either painting on my “12 Days” ornaments or working on my embroidery piece, I decided that I wanted to move ahead with the needlework. I am excited about this piece and I think the several months’ absence that I had from doing needlework has me longing to do more. 



I am happy to say that I finished up Panel 2 of the piece, and even started on Panel 3. This one is going along really quickly, I think. Much quicker than my “A Perfect World” piece that I completed last  year. I don’t know if it is because it is an easier piece to make or if my skill has improved or perhaps a little of both. I do know that I really, really enjoy creating this lovely project and I soon hope to be doing some designing of my own. I want to offer not only the instructions, but also some small kits to encourage others to join me in this form of creativity. 



I am not thrilled with the photos, as the lighting isn’t great today. I didn’t want to take the time to get my light box out, as I will take better photos later (I promise!) but you will get the main idea of how the work is coming. 



Here is a photo of the finished panel #2:





It is cut and fun and I am proud of it. I loved creating the little snail using all silk thread:





I think he came out adorable! 



The wildflower on the left is called Wild Sorghum:





It’s leaves and stems are comprised of delicate chain stitches and the flowers themselves are French knots and pistil stitching.



Together the three look so pretty! They make a nice little vignette themselves and the panel is adorable. 





On to panel #3!!



I plan to spend my weekend working on some new scroll sawing patterns as well as painting patterns. I plan on working on this embroidery when I get the chance and also I need to finish up my “12 Days” ornaments for day 3. I hope to ship them out on Monday or Tuesday. 



It makes for a busy weekend. I hope to possibly get some cooking or baking worked into that as well. I know the days will pass quickly. 



I wish you all a wonderful weekend, too. It is still springlike here in Nova Scotia. Once again we dodged the bullet of the storms that hit both Canada and the US. Perhaps after the long and snowy winter last year, the weather gods are giving us a break. I can only hope so, as I am kind of looking forward to warmer weather and having my car back with me again. I need to keep busy so the time will go quickly. 



Happy Friday to you all! I wish you a fun and creative weekend! Have fun and find time to play and enjoy life! 



    “Your successes and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller




via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/140030201334

No comments:

Post a Comment