Monday, February 29, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1704: Leap Day Monday

I am always looking for more time, it seems. Once every four years my wish comes true – we get an extra day to do things. Today is leap day and many consider it an ‘extra’ day. I will gladly take it!



This year has been so busy from the start for me. I can’t believe that we are through the first two months already. Time is certainly moving quickly – even more so than usual. I suppose it helps that I sit here on this February 29th with my window open slightly. I am enjoying the fresh air that is being brought in and the beautiful sunny morning. This is certainly not a 'typical’ winter for us here in Nova Scotia. We have had a few days of snow, but nothing that lasted very long. For the most part, it was a grey and rainy end to last year and beginning to this one. Certainly it was nothing like the mountains of snow we had last year. Even though I never really mind winter, I think I will take this for now. There is so much I want to get done and I think I am ready for some nice days. I think everyone is. 



The weekend seemed to just fly by again. Keith and I had some personal things to do on Saturday and we treated ourselves to a nice dinner that evening. When we got home, I did some more work on my embroidery project and made good headway. I finished the next flower on panel 3 (the Narcissist) and was happy with that. But I will show you that soon. 



Yesterday I took the day to do some things around the house and I wanted to work on my Day 3 of Lynne Andrews’ “12 Days of Christmas” ornaments. I am happy to say that they are nearly done and will be shipping out in the next day or so. I am right on schedule. 



Here is a photo of the front of them:



At this point I still had a bit more to do as each of the hens was holding a sprig of holly in their beaks. Then I had to add the hologram Opal Dust to the centers and crystal rhinestones, which needed to be done last. The backs look like this:



These are pretty much completed, as I took the photos after the hologram glitter was added. I think they came out really nice. 



For those that aren’t aware, I created a wonderful Facebook group for those of us making Lynne’s Ornaments as well as those who want to cheer us on and watch. You can access it here and join if you wish: 



12 Day of Christmas ornaments by Lynne Andrews - We are Making Them!



Just put in a request to join and we will be happy to add you. We love the group and even if you aren’t painting, you can learn a lot of nice tips and tricks from those who are. 



Today I am changing my hat and once again doing some designing for the scroll saw. I have some nice ideas to draw up that I think others will like. As usual, it will be a busy day. 



I am going to keep this short today and get to it. I hope you like seeing the progress on my ornaments. I am so happy that I am able to keep on schedule with them. So far, so good. Now if I can keep it up for the entire year.  . . 



Happy Leap Day Monday to you all! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/140212554804

No comments:

Post a Comment