Tuesday, August 9, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1758: Short Post to Catch Up

Good morning to you all. It has been quite a busy weekend and I have a busy week ahead as well, so this will be just a short post to catch everyone up on what I am working on. 



Over the weekend, I had several new orders that I had to cut. Once again, I really enjoyed working in the new shop upstairs. It was such a difference from working from the corner of the kitchen. Even though I made do for years, it feels so good to actually have room to do what I need to do – without making a mess of our regular living area. I am very grateful for my new situation and I will try to use the space in the best way I can. I am sure that it will result in much more efficiency. That probably translates to more projects. :)



On Sunday we had Keith’s mom over and made a great dinner. The day was lovely and besides eating yet another feast, I was able to get some work done on my little beehive ornaments. These are the ones that I showed the other day that will be able to accommodate the small dangling bee charms. Each one will have a tiny pilot hole drilled into them for the charms. I figure if people do not want them, the hole is small and easy to fill with a little wood filler. I think that will work the best and offer the least amount of confusion. 



I also created a new surface which is a larger beehive. This one will be used for a plaque. It is about 8" wide and 9" tall and is just as cute as the little ones are. 



I began working on them on Sunday, and this is how far I got:



So far I am pleased with the result – but the BEST part is yet to come. :) 



I had to go to Halifax for some things yesterday, so my Monday was rather ‘lost’ work wise. We didn’t return until the evening, and I was so tired I went to bed around 9pm. But that left me feeling rested and ready to tackle today. 



I am going to be working on them all day today and I should be able to update you all tomorrow. I have already had inquiries for them, but I prefer to wait until I get my patterns done until I post them on the site. Again – that will cause the least amount of confusion. 



With that said, I will keep my promise in keeping this blog short. (You didn’t think I could do it, did you??) 



I wish you all a wonderful and creative day today.  Happy Tuesday to you! :D






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/148687916514

No comments:

Post a Comment