Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1790: #1790 On the Ninth Day of Christmas . . .

Yesterday was a good day in many respects. Not only did I feel as if I got a bit caught up with things, but I was feeling a bit more like myself again. (My productive self, that is!)  I think the two days away really did me a world of good. Not only was in inspired by seeing so much creativity and beauty, but I got a chance to not think about the business, my computer or any of my day-to-day tasks for a short time. While I missed having Keith travel with me, it was a comfort knowing that here was here at home to manage things and take care of the cats. It may sound silly, but even though I know we have people that are competent looking after them when we are away, we know it isn’t the same. Keith told me they were rather out of sorts for the two days that I was gone. It is funny how you can tell when your pet just isn’t acting the same. But they seemed very happy to see me when I returned and they are all back to their happy routines again. All is well.



I spent most of yesterday clearing out emails and organizing things. I made some soup and did some things outside and a general tidying up of things. By the evening time, I felt good and relaxed and ready to move forward. I even spent the last couple hours doing some of my embroidery. I haven’t really touched it since May when we moved. After seeing all the beautiful needlework, threads and yarns at the Fiber Festival, it inspired me to once again pull mine out and make time to work on it. It felt good.



Before that, I put the ties, tassels and rhinestones on my “Day 9” ornaments from my Lynne Andrews project and took the final photos of my sets up to that point. These were the final touches and they are ready to send out with my “Day 8” ornaments from only a couple of weeks ago. I am getting caught up with them, too. 



The “Ladies Dancing” are just lovely! 







Here is an angled shot so you can see the beautiful Opal Dust that I brush onto the front and back center part:



As usual, the photos, nice as they are, just don’t do them justice.  



For this design, I needed to put the crystal rhinestones on the BACK of the ornament, as there was no greenery on the front:



I admit that I attempted to add some greenery to her skirt, so I could be consistent and have the red rhinestone berries on the front, but it looked rather silly. I wound up scraping it off and restoring the ornament to its original state. (You can’t even tell which one I did it to – PHEW!)

The six together are quite lovely! :)



As I watch my own set grow, I fall more and more in love with them! They are truly a beautifully designed work of art! 




I am so happy that I thought enough to make a set for myself! The ornaments have been an incredible amount of work so far, but very much worth the time and effort. I hope that my recipients like them as much as I do. 



If you haven’t seen these before and would like to join in on the fun of creating these beautiful ornaments, I have a Facebook page set up as a support group for all who want to join the adventure. You can access it here: 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments by Lynne Andrews - We are making them!



You can get the pattern book on Lynne’s website here: Christmas Blessings



And the ornament shapes from me here on my site:  SLDPK129 - Elegant Bevel-Cut Frame Ornaments



We have over 300 members in the group and it is a wonderful group of painters and even those who do not paint and want to cheer us on. I know for sure that I would not be this far along in the project without it. I hope you come by and join! 



I am so happy that I have access to resources such as this. I think back to when I was beginning my journey in painting and if there was nothing available in our neighborhoods, we would be out of luck. Now I am able to live in another country, in a very rural area and still be able to share and be inspired and meet new people with similar interests. To me it is somewhat of a miracle. 



I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day. I have some new things that I will be working on today and will show you tomorrow. One of them is scroll sawing and the other is painting. Both will certainly be FUN! 



Until then, I wish you a great day!

Happy Tuesday to you all! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/151977978324

No comments:

Post a Comment