Friday, November 20, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1657: Some More New Things

Today is one of those days when I debated whether I should blog or not. Yesterday was one of those crazy/busy days when I finished my “work” at 11:30 pm (after being at it pretty much since I got up early in the morning!)  I am still looking at 91 emails in my mail box – 31 which aren’t open yet – that need attention. 



Ahh … the luxury of being ‘self-employed’!  :)



I say that with a smile because those of you who read regularly know how much I love my job. It really doesn’t bother me being this busy. It is what we strive for. However, as we get busier and grow, there seem to be more days such as yesterday when we spend our time doing the day to day maintenance of our business, which doesn’t make for exciting or inspiring reading.  It is just the way it is. 



So after I finished  my new pattern (SLD519 Damask Photo Frame Ornaments) and emailed copies to those who pre-ordered them, I had to wind down a bit. I began playing with my new Kindle Fire reader that I got a couple of weeks ago from Mary Kingslan Gibilisco’s site for subscribing to her online classes. (Yes – it was a FREE bonus Mary is offering with a subscription to her classes! You can check it out HERE. Scroll to the bottom of the page)  For someone like me who hasn’t had a phone or tablet, this was a wonderful opportunity to try one out and expand my learning. Mary has so many wonderful classes and videos and the subscription is an incredible opportunity to learn with her. 



Anyway, I played with my Kindle until after 3:30 this morning! I got lost in the many things it could do and had fun downloading some fun books and playing some wonderful videos. The videos by Mary are great to watch whether I am painting along or not, as I learn from every single one. 



Needless to say, I slept in a little this morning. With the site all updated, today will be a day to regroup and unwind a bit. 



I did want to mention a couple more items that I added to the site besides what I talked about yesterday. I now have my SLDP244 Autumn Harvest Banner pattern available. 



This was the pattern I created for ToleTown that was painted on Roc-Lon fabric. I really enjoyed doing this one. 



My other new product is a new surface that I will be using for some of my designs. They are called SLDPK129 Elegant Bevel Cut Ornaments:



I am selling them in sets of three. I think there will be loads of ways that people will enjoy using them for their everyday holiday crafting. 



They are a great size and can be used for painting, stenciling or any other crafts. 



Today I am awaiting the arrival of something that I can’t wait to try. I hope it will help open an entirely new dimension for our little business. It is supposed to be delivered today, and I look forward to playing with it over the weekend and hopefully I will have some new things to show you on Monday. 



Until then, I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Enjoy every moment of your days. Make every minute count.



Happy Friday and weekend to you! 




via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/133594067389

No comments:

Post a Comment